Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reasons for writting

     I have been thinking that this blog is getting away from me and the original purpose of it starting. For crying out loud it is called "Raising Kaine"! Maybe I should stick to this theme? Although, our lives are so intertwined it is hard to separate out the different experiences. Plus, I pretty much use this as a public diary. I just want him to know what it going on in my mind as he is growing up. So, maybe there really isn't any problem after all. But I will try to stick to more "Kaine" like posts. (I'm tired of focusing on my health issues anyway.)
     Well, what is new? Christmas was good. Kaine wanted a puppy and we discussed it and got one for him. I mean, Santa got one for him :). Also, Santa showed up on Christmas Eve and walked the roof. It was so magical. I have the best picture of Kaine and his Poppa grinning like mad! It is so precious! These years are truly the best. Yesterday, in fact, Kaine was in the car with my Mom and the cousins and they were talking about Santa being real or not (Jordan, being 10, doesn't believe, of course. Grace, being 7, is still a believer.). Kaine said "Santa is real. I saw him last Christmas at the lake!" It was a big hit! :) I have to say that this Christmas was the one I have been waiting for since Kaine was born. I always think "this is the year!" and then get slightly disappointed because Kaine doesn't quite get it. But this year WAS our year! The magic was in the air. The anticipation was unbearable. Activities were wonderfully Christmas-y. Santa was the man! Christmas stories, movies and plays were seen, talked about, read and enjoyed daily. It was glorious! I know it will just get better too. AND one of the best things is, Kaine really knows the reason for the season too. Jesus was talked about all the time, especially when Kaine asked, "Why do we have Christmas, Mama?". Of course, my heart was filled with joy and we talked all about "Jesus' birthday". I said, "Would you like to make a birthday cake?" Kaine: "How will we get it to Jesus? Throw it up into the sky?" Ha ha, kids are so funny and literal. I love it! I think Christmas is quickly becoming my favorite holiday.
     Back to the puppy. We got an eight week old dachshund  He is all brown, except his chest and one of his toes on his back, left foot, they are white (even the nail, it is really cute). We started to call him Jake. Then the boys wanted to call him Gunther. But we finally settled on Jake. Which is great, because I really didn't like the name Gunther. (The boys wanted to give him a German name because he is a German dog.) He is really good. We were having some issues in the beginning with potty training. He seemed to not care that he was in his own filth (disgusting!). But, he is getting better and now only occasionally has a pee accident in his crate. Kaine has taken to him wonderfully too. I think he would have been happy about the cat, but the cat isn't all that friendly with him, so the puppy is a wonderful addition to our family. (Even though I wasn't so sure about his messy, smelly new friend. He is growing on me.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment