Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Four and a Half Weeks

Oh, yes! You read that right! Four and a half weeks along. That is where we are at now. We found out last night that I am indeed pregnant. No, not by some unreliable pee stick either. According to all of the "conventional" ways of normal-ville, I have to go about finding out in different forms. And, yes, I could just wait until I am showing and the quickening comes on but, I ask you, is that fair?? Ummm...no! This is one of the things that I am actually quite pissed that I am slighted in! I should not have to wait past a missed period (in Kaine's case TWO missed periods) to be able to actually believe that I am pregnant. Well, so how do we know, you are asking??  Chadwick's sign, that's how (mine is more of a purplish color, which is normal). Although this does not tell you how long you have been pregnant, it is a major sign that you are indeed pregnant. Because of the last months and how my body responds to the onset of menses, I was not letting myself believe that I am pregnant. I do have breast growth and darkening of the areolas too (but, as we have seen, I get this with PMS too). Chadwick's sign is no doubt how I will be finding out how I am pregnant from here on out. I refuse to wait until my 2nd trimester to confirm! I know, not fair that I don't have dead giveaway signs for pregnancy, right (vomiting)? Thank God too! I would have stopped at Kaine and that would have been absolutely it! UCK!

Oh, of course I was already expecting pregnancy. I don't know if I posted about this last time or not but, I had implantation bleeding on February 25th. This was about a week after my last period (which is normal for me, I ovulate right after my period, as far as I can tell). In fact, I ovulated so close to this period that I didn't even get a positive ovulation test last month because I tested the weekend after we had already achieved baby glory! It is funny how things work. In fact, I had sex that time because I felt like it and actually said to myself, "Let's just do this one for fun and worry about the baby stuff some other time!" Always, when you least expect, right?

So, yes, we are pregnant and very excited about the whole thing. BTW, if you see any of my family members, don't spoil the surprise!! We are going to Disney next month and I would like to tell them at dinner one night. Not to even mention, that I would like to be farther along, just in case, you know. Oh, we are due around December-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment