Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Possibly Crying Wolf.

Everyone knows, who reads my blog and that I trust, that I am trying to get pregnant. I think I finally achieved this! Of course, my body is strange and is so far from normal, I will have to go to extremes to conventionally confirm this hypothesis. However, this is what I think.

My period week was February 12-17, 2011. On February 25th, I had spotting and some cramping. I was thinking I was starting to bleed again. It was a pretty noticeable amount but, not alarming at all. I have been waiting and charting to see what was going to happen. I have had a high cervix (with no movement, like last month when it kept yo-yo-ing between high and medium and resulting in a period) since the spotting. A few days after it happened and I had no other symptoms I assumed it could have been implantation bleeding. I was due to have another period (you know, in normal land) again around the 12th of March. Nothing has happened and I have been anxiously checking my cervix for clues of dropping to allow for menses. Nothing happened. I have also been taking pregnancy tests (and was REALLY put into a bad mood when the 12th resulted in a negative test!) but, as we all know, I have NO NO NO faith in pee tests.

So, I have started to allow myself to believe that this actually could be it. I have not believed it and when the thought has crept into my wee brain, I have pushed it violently out again. I DID NOT want to believe something that could end again. I wanted to wait for time to revel more to me. I have waited for a time that most would have confirmation granted to them -the onset of menses. I am going to try and wait another week and test, yet again, with another home pregnancy test. If I do not get medical confirmation, I will believe it until my body shows other signs. I am going to try and be even more patient and wait until two periods have passed (I have never missed two in a row, that I can count on. The first time this DID happen was when I was given many false negatives only to discover that I was indeed pregnant. My confirmation will surely show after this harsh wait). After this time I will go and get a blood test to confirm because the state of Florida requires medical confirmation of pregnancy for a birth certificate (something that is increasing in value these days).

That is the story thus far. I still wait, with much higher hopes than I was allowing myself within the torturous weeks that have passed. Hopefully, no more torture will come. Hopefully, good news will rain gently down upon our heads and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment