Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

King Kaine

Kaine is such a wonderful kid. He really is. Do you hear the "but" coming on? I don't know who invented the term "terrible twos". I have enjoyed the "twos" very much, thank you. However, on the butt end of the "twos" and the budding of the "threes" there have been some issues. Things I love about this age:
  • He is becoming more independent
  • He likes to do things "by myself"
  • He can follow commands with more than one request in them
  • He plays wonderfully by himself
  • He likes to invent things
  • He is very creative
  • He can entertain himself, until he needs to reach something high up
  • He can feed himself
  • He, for the most part, is out of diapers (pull-ups are still in play)
  • He is able to show his love (hugs, kisses, saying "I love you")
  • He tells wonderful stories
  • He is funny
Things I do not like about this age:
  • He likes to do things "by himself"
  • He can follow commands with more than one request in them but, often "chooses" not to
  • He gets more time outs 
  • He can be creative which, leads to bigger messes
  • He likes the word, "no"
  • He likes the words, "no way"
  • He often has to be asked to do things more than once
  • He doesn't like to eat
  • He doesn't like to sit at the table at meal times
  • He doesn't like naps
  • He doesn't like taking showers
  • He doesn't like going to bed
  • He often wants to do the opposite of what you want to do
  • He often refuses to use the potty
  • He likes that stupid word, "no"
So, terrible twos? I don't think so! I hope this age will, indeed, not be so terrible. I have heard people refer to it as the "terrific twos". Maybe I should make my saying the "terrific threes"? It doesn't have such a nice ring to it though. Oh well.
Kaine is still great. He is "the love that I never thought I could give". Which is no small compliment. He has made me a better person. He has also made me a better wife. And, although Matt and I don't always see eye-to-eye when raising him, we are better for having him. We are all closer because Kaine exists! That is the biggest blessing he has brought into our lives. 




No comments:

Post a Comment