Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kaine and his Greatness!

SO, my stupid camera has decided to stop working again. I might actually have to take it in to get it fixed...boo!

But that is not what I wanted to talk about. Kaine, this is what I want to talk about. What has he been up to? Well, we put up some Christmas stuff (by we, I mean me). I have a Nutcracker count-down-to-Christmas thing. What does he do? He comes up to it, after I showed him how it worked, touches the mouth (making it move up and down) and says, "Ha, ha, ha!". SO UNBELIEVIBLY FUNNY! 

Next. I bought him a potty. I read somewhere that it was a good idea to get one before you would need one, to let them get used to it. Now he takes it and says, "Potty?". Then goes to back up to sit on it. Sits for a minute, smiles and says, "Potty". Then gets up. Takes the blue squishy ring out of it and places it on his head like a hat. Then closes the lid. It really is TOO cute.

We too him to see Santa at the mall today. I was sure, SURE I tell you (!), that I wasn't going to do this this year. I did NOT want to tourture him. So, what happens? We find ourselves standing by the Santa place. No one is in line. Santa comes over and says, "Hi big boy!". I look at Matt and say, "He (Kaine) is smiling! Maybe we should just try it and see?" So we do, after deciding what package to buy and making sure Kaine was presentable. This is what happens: We go in. Take Kaine out of the stroller. Let him walk around. He gets close to Santa. He cries. Santa suggests that we put Kaine on his lap and then snap a quick picture before he gets all worked up. Sounds good to me. No luck. Then Santa has a brilliant idea! He grabs the coloring books that they are giving away and hands it to Kaine. Kaine, if you do not know, is a book worm! This calms him for a moment. Then he starts to cry. Santa then says, "Mom, why don't you come over here and hold him? Or Dad?" Ok, so we ended up having a family Santa picture this year. But I have to say that it went WAY better than it did in my head! I also have to say that the Santa at the Oaks Mall is the best Santa ever! He was so friendly and helpful. He is nothing, NOTHING like the Santa at the Orange Park Mall that is not right for the job. He is not friendly and you can tell he does not like what he is doing. I just don't like him! I am glad that we found a new one!

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I can't wait to see the photos!! And the potty thing is too cute!! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’re so happy you are pleased with our Santa - He really is the best! Check out our other holiday happenings at www.theoaksmall.com or visit our Facebook and Twitter pages: http://bit.ly/7814BE and www.twitter.com/TheOaksMall

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete