Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Bed Update

Kaine has been sleeping through the night. I completely give credit to the new bed. I knew this would happen but, I was nervous about putting him in such a big bed by himself. I didn't want him to feel out of place or, worse, fall out on his head! I have to say that he only fell out once. He has gotten up a few times. He even took us for an adventure in bedtime play-land. He now goes straight down. Goes to sleep on his own (which he has been good about doing since he was 8 or 9 months old). AND the best part of all, sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG! It is a true miracle. MIRACLE I tell you!

I was hoping and thinking this was going to happen and to my delight, it has! I still have fear that writing in down is going to jinx it. It seemed to last time. After I wrote it on here, it was the worse night of the sleep/play battle! He didn't go to bed until almost 11 pm! That is REALLY late for him! Especially since his bedtime is 8pm! It then fixed it self the next night. He went straight to bed and we, surprisingly, didn't hear another peep from him until morning. He slept until 8:30! It was a great night! Much needed to.

I think I am the only person that has a two year old that has just now started to sleep through the night. Don't get me wrong, there have been nights when he has slept but, never in a row! I always think, when I get up with him, that he would have made a great breast-feeder too. And would probably still be doing it if we would not have had so much trouble and interventions at the beginning. (He was for a while still getting up in the middle of the night for a milk cup. I tried to break him of this habit, but after 2 nights of constant screaming or waking up every hour, I gave in. Especially one night when I went in after him crying for an hour and heard his stomach growling and felt the most horrible guilt in the entire world! I just resolved to take the 5 minutes to give him a cup and hope that one day, he would not need it anymore.)

A new adventure will be starting soon. Potty training. However, I do not plan to do this, probably, for another month or so. I will be reading up on it in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment