Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Things

Life is changing, I hope it is anyway! I really do think I am pregnant this time around. Of course, it is WAY to early to even know that. And, yes, I know we have been here before. This time- I tell you!- is different! For one thing, I was monitoring my ovulation with test strips (not the natural way I wanted to go but, I was getting no where with basal body temperatures). I was keeping track of cervical mucus and cervical position, in relation to ovulation. So, that is something, anyhow. Why do I think I am pregnant? Thanks for asking. I have been reading up on what happens after fertilization and this is what I know so far:

  • Your body produces more fluid, you know, down there 
  • The fluid is either clear or milky white (mine is milky white-like lotion)
  • Your cervix stays relatively high in your vagina (mine is)
  • Your cervix stays relatively soft (opposed to firm and low) (mine is soft)
  • You are really tired (yup)
  • You may have cravings or binges (um, yeah)
  • Cramping in lower abdomen (little twinges, off and on)
  • Low back ache (yes)
  • Nausea, vomiting, sore or swollen breasts, darkened areola's (mine never went away)  and an increase in smell (none of which I have, yet, that is why they are lumped together- none of this happened until about week 4 last time, keep in mind that is a guess, because I had no idea-even suspected- I was with child until about 6 weeks along)
Yes, so having said all of that. I also know that ALL of that (except the whole secretion thing and cervix stuff-which are my biggest indicators) are all a sign of your period approaching too. Also, seeing as how my body tends to act pregnant before my period (with all of the other symptoms, including dark areola's) I am not going to put much hope in those signs. So, yes, I am at a heightened since of "could it be" right now. Hoping, beyond hope, to get a positive in the next 2 weeks. But I am just go and get a blood test, because strip prego tests don't seem to work for me (?). Let you know!

Also, I  may be getting a job. I am going to go talk to someone at the gym tomorrow morning and see if I can just come in for a few hours (like 2) and work the rest of the day at home. It is only 25 hours a week but, if I can do the majority of it at home, I don't see why it won't work out! Pray that we can work out something that is good for all involved and get this ball rolling!! It would be so nice to have a little extra cash to set aside, just in case, or to even use as a house down payment! Will up date soon! *UPDATE: Job did not work out. What I was told and what the job actually was didn't match up at all. Everything works out in the end though.

No comments:

Post a Comment