Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

In appreciation of my husband!

     Matt won Trainer of the Year, last Friday. I knew all about it and made him a Tres Leche cake and invited his parents out for dinner (but, they wouldn't let us pay-I felt a bit like a loser :( but, they insisted!). It was really fun. I am a big stickler for doing things big. I don't think any accomplishment should go without reward (big or small- the accomplishment, not the award!). So, to make my man feel special I baked and we went out to dinner. I am so proud of him, although, I suspect, I don't brag about him or tell him enough. All men need to know that they are loved, appreciated and well, needed! I love my husband!
     We are made for each other too. We complement each other quite well. We are, however, opposites in a lot of things too. Which, of course, makes us stronger so we can support each other. For example, he is strong in almost every aspect of his life. He knows what he wants and goes and gets/does it. Once he makes a decision, his mind is made up. He is very frugal (which is a good thing when I am not!). He likes what he likes. He is very open to people and they LOVE him for it (as in, people immediately become his friends and stick around). He has an incredible work ethic. He will do things because they need to be done, not just because he likes it. He is a wonderful father (this, of course, is not an opposite thing). Anyway, you can see that he is wonderful.
     He is strong when I am weak. I can depend on him like no one else I have ever met. I can talk to him and he sets my wishy-washiness on a clear and defined path. He supports my (our) decision to stay-at-home and raise our child (children *fingers crossed*). He loves me and, truly, that is enough!

(:    Congratulations, Hun! We love you and are VERY proud of you!    :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY FOR DADS! and husbands! AND trainers of the year! i forgot to tell him in person yesterday... :(

    ReplyDelete