Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Maybe. Maybe not?

     Okay, I don't want to sound like I am crying wolf or anything but, something is going on, ahem, down there. I'm not really sure what, to tell you the truth. All I know is, I have been sans period since July 26th. Which is awesome for me! I should have had a period some time this week (from last Wednesday to today). Nothing has showed up. I had some cramping earlier in my cycle (which was weird) but, nothing else. I didn't go through the "dry spell" after ovulation (this I am supposing happened around the 30th or so (I got a slight positive on the OPK that Tuesday-so I tested after it had passed). So, if we are pregnant that would be awesome!
     I did read on an OB textbook site that the best time to test is around 40 days past ovulation (dpo). So, because I haven't gotten either a positive prego test or a period, I am going to wait and see which happens first. I have to say, I am definitely taking it better this time around. I haven't gotten my hopes up. I have, very much, taken a "well, there are a lot of things that can be affecting this" attitude. I am really just waiting and seeing if things get stronger. I haven't had and "definite" signs, just supposed ones. Also, I just ordered a speculum so I can get a better feel for my cervical changes. (I am a visual learner, mostly. Having a more "hands on" and "eyes on" approach, if you will excuse the phrase, will help me.)  Day 40 will be September 7th. But, as before, I am also going to wait and see if I miss two periods. That is a dead ringer clue for me. I NEVER EVER miss two in a row. The last time I did, Kaine was on board. So, here is to hoping for a positive test. If not, there is always next month, or the months after that, lol.

My symptoms (most of which also happen before AF arrives)*:
Sore-ish boobs
Big plate-like areolas (slightly brown)
High cervix (with twinges)
No dry spell (CM is clear/white and watery/creamy)
Starting to notice a slight increase in smells
Thirsty
Want Ice
Hungry (for carbs but, that might be the diet change talking)
No breast enlargment
Bluish vagina (TMI, sorry)
Sleepy in the afternoon (more so than normal-more like, have to take a nap)
Missed/Late period
Moody
Irritable (at the slightest thing)

*So as you can see, it really isn't much different from PMS, although my period was missed/late. Time will only tell. Eventually the little being has to come out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment