Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Shopping Bug

...it has bit me. As it often does around this time of year. I guess it is from going back to school shopping every year around this time. I don't know. I know Fall fashion really does call to me. Honestly, if I could shop and wear Fall ALL year, I totally would! The colors, style and, well...everything! just speaks to me! Plus, it doesn't hurt that I just rearranged my closet and found it SERIOUSLY lacking. But, alas, not making money makes me not want to spend money. Do you know what I mean? I just feel like it is selfish, or something. IDK.
I know I don't look like it but, shopping used to be a HUGE part of my life. So much so that I would go into shops and be bored because, after all, I was JUST there and there would be NOTHING new on the shelves. How totally spoiled is that? Now, I wouldn't even be able to tell you what was in. Seriously! It makes me blue. But, it is all material after all, right? (That wasn't a play-on-words, btw.)
I know there are more important things to be doing and spending money on. I have been trying to focus on this more and more. I try to let this be enough. But, now that I am taking care of myself (I have lost 20lbs!). I want to show it off!! LOL I want to feel sexy and I want to LOVE the way I look, like I used to. In fact, I would love to be pregnant again just so I could have new clothes to wear (the maternity clothes I have are pretty fabulous, thanks to the cumulative styles of my sisters and myself). But, that will come in time.
I think what would solve my issue is to get a really fabulous pattern (think simple dress) and make a few of them in different colors. Then when they are all done, I could embellish them in different ways. Maybe add bits of lace to one. Buttons placed in cute patterns or placed in working fashion somewhere in the design could also work. I could also embroider some pretty awesome things on them. Or make cute machine embroidery patterns throughout. As you can see, the possibilities are endless. AND, it would all be unique and time consuming, lol. Which is always a good thing. (<--Wow, look Martha just showed up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment