Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Laying the Right Foundation

I absolutely have not been feeling well lately. I have actually been sick since Saturday afternoon and am currently trying to get over a wicked sinus infection or cold (?). But I have also felt like I am really isolated from everyone. I really want to be a good friend, partner, mom and whatever else I am suppose to be, I just don't want to sacrifice any of "me". I am currently looking for a compromise situation. Something that will make me happy and help with the relationships in my life. What I got going now, doesn't seem to be working. (However, a part of me wants to scream that people also need to give a little and be willing to see my side of things - which, truthfully, seems to be what I am struggling with).

Things I would like to achieve:
  • Be a better friend
  • Be a better do-er
  • Organize (thoughts, possessions, chores...)
  • Help develop a well rounded individual
  • Set and REACH goals
  • Be nicer
  • Compromise more
  • Do things for the greater good
  • Learn to appreciate people for who they are, not what I expect them to be
  • Be less open (emotionally)
  • Set a good example
  • Lay the right foundations
  • Ask for help
  • Appreciate help
  • Grow, mend and give back
Lot's of things to work on. At least Matt and I are back to normal. I even can't wait for him to be around and, lately, have REALLY been wanting to cuddle (so not me!). But, of course, I have been sick and I tend to get that way when I am not feeling too great. (But there is also the this very important issue of not making the bread winner sick *wink*). 

I just want you to know that if you have been feeling the cold shoulder lately, things are on the up-and-up. The Sun is coming out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment