Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rental Car Woes

Today didn't start to well. Actually the bad vibes carried over from last night. I got a call from Enterprise telling me that we were now paying for the rental car ($40/day) since the 16th. Did I mention in was 6:10 p.m. on Friday evening and that I live in the boonies. So, of course we get charged for another day because we won't be able to get it in until the next day. We were suppose to pay $160.63 for the charges. I went in and talked to them and they were very helpful. I was very emotional. She gave me a "free day", so to speak. So that took $40 off the top. I ended up paying $120.63 for the rental. She gave me pointers on how we may be able to get the money back, seeing as how we were not informed that there would be a time limit on the car (30 days). The good, or silver lining, to the situation is that Matt was able to get someone on the phone from Nationwide (our car insurance company) and they were able to inform us that, if we call back Monday, they will be able to get clearance to reverse the money exchange and that they are still liable for coverage because the car wasn't done on time. (This is no fault of the place fixing the car, the parts were on back order and they had to schedule work around Thanksgiving and have been nothing but helpful.) It was just unneeded stress at a time that I was already feeling crummy.

I am hoping this week is going to be better and that the Christmas spirit will once again be revived. Here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment