Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Store of One's Own

SO.....the idea of creating a store for boys has popped into my head. The times are right for it. We have some money set aside and can be used for start-up. I have *some* talent and can at least fumble my way through until I get the hang of it. The information age is booming and there are places like Etsy to get the ball rolling without having to sell a kidney to rent a store front! So, I think I am going to jump in the deep end and see if I can swim. God willing, to use a phrase my Grandma says frequently, I will stay afloat and generate some income in a fun and creative way! Maybe this means that I will finally get the sewing room I always wanted and life can be one cluttered mess after another (Just kidding...I hope!).

I have been researching this idea. It seems there is a market for it. Of course, there are baby and toddler stores out there already but, none are just for boys! There are plenty for girls only or girls with a few cute trucks, trains and planes shirts thrown in for boys but, nothing exclusively made for boys! I have been cruising the net trying to find things that are especially boyish and hoping to stumble onto a site just for boys. When, suddenly the idea HIT ME! I literally felt like the this following phrase slapped me in the face : "Why not do it yourself?"Really", I thought, "could I make this happen?" Then, after talking to Matt about the ins-and-outs of getting started, ideas started flowing like water! I am hoping to get more in put and do more research, things are looking good, however!

I would say wish me luck. But luck has nothing to do with it. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity! (Sounds like I am really smart, eh? I got that off of a movie --- "Uptown Girls" with the late Brittney Murphy. I have always loved that quote!).

So, send me positive thoughts and ideas. May good things come to those who are willing to do the work and prepare for one's future!

No comments:

Post a Comment