Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I hate Father's Day

I always have. It seems really stressful and I don't want to deal with it. It only makes sense, if you know me. I have not had great luck and consistency in this area of my life. Don't get me wrong, I would love to make it memorable for Matt but, even this falls short, most of the time.

Let me explain, Matt doesn't like celebrations that focus on him. He hates his birthday (who hates their birthday, seriously!?). Even though I don't believe it to be actually true. I am not sure what his family ever did for his birthday, so I can't duplicate something that he may be used to (and apparently, they were never that big of a deal? IDK). I feel like he expects something super fun and it never happens. Plus, he is really picky. REALLY PICKY. He is almost impossible to shop for, unless, of course,  you have been saving your nickles and dimes and can buy something he either won't buy for himself (because of cost) or that is supper expensive and big and then you don't even know if he will use it. Did I mention that I hate this holiday?

I end up buying something, usually, that I have to settle on. Because, hello, I don't have a job! No income means no cool gifts or outings. Or worse, in my opinion, something that is totally not for him but that he might like anyway. It is inspired by him, get it? Take this year for example. I bought a onesie style shirt for Kaine. That says, "It puts the lotion on the baby. It does this whenever it is told." There is a background story here. Matt always says this stupid quote from Silence of the Lambs when he puts lotion on Kaine after his bath. It actually annoys me; Matt thinks it's hilarious. (Do you know what I am talking about? The scene where that guy - who dresses like a woman - has that girl in the pit and he is lowering a bottle of lotion down to her? "It puts the lotion on the skin. It does this whenever it is told!") It brings back gross memories that should not be associated with babyhood, if you ask me! Anyway, I thought he would like it and think it is funny. Plus, I was told not to "not spend too much money". However, do you see what I mean? I am afraid he is going to be disappointed, after all, it is a holiday to show appreciation for all he has done. How am I showing that? All I have figured out how to do is show that he has a sense of humor and has a tendency to annoy me! What is that about?

Ah, dilemmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment