Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Menorrhagia

I am still having menstrual issues. It started a little over a month ago. Strike that, I just looked at my calendar and this has been going on since the end of April, no wonder I am fed up! This is the run down so far (for I am currently bleeding):
April 24-May 10 (17 days)
May 23-June 3 (12 days)
June 14-to now June 20 (7 days to whenever)

I bought some herbs for my condition. I have on hand Shepherd's Purse, Nettle, Raspberry leaf (which I use all the time for other things), Yarrow, Agrimony, and Lady's Mantle. All are good for one thing or another having to do with the female reproductive and general (female supporting) systems. Right now I am infusing Shepherd's Purse, Yarrow and Nettle hoping to make a tea that is going to stop or severely slow down the bleeding. I have tried other teas, but I did not get any help. In fact one seemed to make it worse but, that could just be all in my head because I was trying to stop menstruating when I was barely bleeding (warm tea always seems to stimulate my blood flow, for some reason). Anyway, I am going to go out tomorrow and buy some vodka so I can make a tincture of some of these herbs so it will be even more convenient to take and have on hand when and if this problem occurs again. I am hoping that I finally found a way to get this problem under control.

I am also considering holding off getting pregnant until I know how better to get my system back into balance. It can't be good to be this depleted and get pregnant. So, I don't know what is going to happen on that front. I would like to be pregnant but, can we really risk it? I will see how it goes with these concoctions and see what happens in the next month to be able to better judge my systems health.

Send me good vibes and prayers about kicking the caffeine. I think I have gotten to used to not worrying about it and this may be the biggest factor in this saga. I have been getting better but, I find myself giving into it every now and again (I know, isn't it so wrong to ask someone who has a baby that doesn't sleep through the night, is anemic on two levels - which increases the fatigue- to kick caffeine!?) It is really not that big of a deal, I just need to stop myself before I indulge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment