Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pregnancy

We are thinking about getting pregnant. We want a few more, haha. There are factors that need to be put in place before this can happen, however. I think most of those things are coming into play.

What is different about it this time? We BOTH have baby fever. It started with me, like it did last time. I was seriously over-the-top last time. Begging, I believe, would be the best word! Not that Matt didn't want to have a baby, he is just a worry wort and didn't know if we were ready or had enough funds. This time, I started to talk about it but, made myself  not talk about it all the time or put unnecessary stress on Matt about it. I didn't want it to feel like it was an obligation or that he was doing something that I wanted to do, that he didn't. I feel like he wasn't really into the last pregnancy because of how I made it begin (all stressed out and begging and such!). He probably was, I just felt like I talked him into it and felt guilty about that. This time, I think I am the one that has the hesitation. I wanted everything to be perfect (haha! that should have been my first clue). He is all gung-ho and I am like "Are you sure?". I do want a baby, badly, I just didn't want to be looking over my shoulder and thinking, "what if I would have done this?". But, I am getting over that too. The more I talk to Matt the better I feel about it. He really is a much different man at this stage. I asked him what made him change his mind and he said, "I have just been thinking about it lately". He said the fun he has with Kaine around has really made him rethink waiting and just wanting two. What a compliment for Kaine! That is one of the things that I have said, "Isn't it such a compliment to your oldest baby to have more kids? It is saying he was good and a blessing, why not have some more!" I truly believe this, I feel bad for those of you who don't have siblings, you really are missing out on a lot.

Anyway, pregnancy plans are in the work. I will keep posting when I find things out. We are planning on having a midwife-assisted, VBAC, home birth. What a mouthful! Not having a baby shower but a Blessingway (possibly a baby shower, just for cloth diapers, I will have to get with my sisters, when the time comes, to see what they think, that is the only things we are going to need this go round). As little intervention as possible through prenatal care (no ultrasounds, I don't want to know the sex--like it SO helped last time! LOL no unnecessary poking and prodding). A lot more bonding time for us. Exercise and nutrition are going to be the biggest and KEY to this pregnancy coming out the way we want. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment