Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

More on Christmas

So, I was really freaking out about Christmas presents today. I don't want to spend a ton of money on the bagillion people we have on our list. But I would like it to be something special that they would actually like. (I am a big believer in the true meaning of Christmas - the generous and loving giving part - not consumerism/materialism.) I would love to just be able to make hand made gifts and everyone appreciate and be grateful that I actually put some thought into their gifts. But, alas, we don't live in such a world and I don't want to give hard work that will not be appreciated for what it really is and represents.

So, I vented to Matt that people are selfish-and-only-accept-gifts-that-cost-a-lot-of-money-and-that-they-KNOW-costs-a-lot-of-money-and-nothing-is-as-good-as-that-and-they-don't-and-won't-even-ACT-like-they-like-your-crappy-home-made-gift!! (I said I was venting, right?) Anyway, "people suck and I am going to go and make my cranberry cordial now"(!), is basically what I was thinking and I didn't have any great feelings or other prospects to give people anything. I wanted to throw in the towel and tell them to shut-up!

So, I am making cranberry cordial. Matt is helping. Matt tastes the cranberry cordial after I do. He has the idea to give this as a gift! Brilliant! What do most people is our families do really well, well...drink, of course. This really is a good gift, even if you don't have a reputation as a "drinker". (I should state here that they are not my recipes and I have not actually EVER had any homemade). So, people are getting a sampler of cordials for Christmas. These are the flavors we have so far: Cranberry, Citrus and Berry (raspberry and blackberry). Matt also made pepper vodka for his dad who really enjoys bloody Mary's. I think we really hit the mother load of awesome gifts this year and because we can do it in big batches and they will be ready at the same time, it is the easiest solution too! I can't wait to see how they come out. I am planning on decorating the tops somehow.

That's all I got for now....Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment