Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Philosophy on Baby Making

Matt and I have been talking a lot lately about making a baby. We have really started talking about God's role in our lives too. We have come to the conclusion that if we really are Christ believers than we are called to give Him all of us. We must truly trust that God has our best interests at heart and that He "won't give us more than we can handle" in this life. So, how does this apply to babies? Well, we have decided to have as many as we are given. Yes, even if that means that we have 50 or more. We believe children are God's blessing - Not, under ANY circumstance, a burden.
The only problem now is that we are not having any luck. My bleeding issue has peeked it's ugly little head again. I am not sure when or IF I ovulate. I may even have some sort of underlining condition that is causing us not to get pregnant but, because we don't have insurance, we are just going to have to put this too in God's hands. (I truly do believe that it will happen in God's time and not our own.)
So, now with all that said. I feel torn. I am not sure if I am suppose to be checking my basal body temperature or cervical mucus. Would this be trusting God or taking it into my own hands? Most of me thinks it is the latter. But, I am not sure. Ever heard of the story about the man that was stranded on his house during a flood, here is goes:

There was a big flood one day. Enough to cover all the houses. A man sought refuge
on his roof. A person on a raft came by and offered the man a spot to get to safety. To which
the man replied, "No, God will save me!" So the raft moved on. Next a boat came by
and asked the man to get aboard. The man replied, "No, God will save me!" Then a helicopter
came by and tried to force the man from his roof. The man replied, "No, God will save me!"
By and by, the water kept rising. The man kept refusing help. It turns out that he drowns. When
he gets to heaven he asks God, "Why didn't you save me?" To which God replies, "I
sent you a raft, boat and helicopter! What else did you want?"

See my point?

No comments:

Post a Comment