Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blood Test

Went and got my blood test done today. Without insurance, the cost was $15! I could hardly believe it. Best of all, results will be available for pick-up tomorrow. How is that for efficiency? Plus, I waited I think a total of 1 minute in the empty waiting room (and it was 11 am!). I could hardly believe my luck! I was even entertained by a delightful phelebotomist while she took my sample. All-in-all, it was not the dreaded experience I was anticipating and putting off. I was so please I started to peruse their other services, trying to see what else I could get away with!

Over the weekend, pending a negative prego test, I will start taking 200mg of Ibuprofen. (Possibly start using the tincture that has been curing on my kitchen window sill made of Shepard's Purse?) This was recommended to me by Maryanne and something I had read to help slow down the bleeding. I will also start the search for an affordable ultrasound to check my innards. Hopefully, the diagnosis will not be grim.

Oh, I would also like to note that I had Matt palpate my uterus (or just below my belly button-to which I feel a bulge and uncomfortable fullness). As he laid his hands upon my belly I was taken aback. There is such a weird sensation of, as I described to him, "raw, tender meat being mushed together" (with all the sensation of an open and gaping wound). I have no idea what that could mean. I just know it doesn't sound very good, at all!

Results tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment