Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm overly comfortable with you

I feel like people don't understand me. I think I have figured out why. People are so used to being so shut up inside themselves. Maybe I confuse people by being so "out there". In my defense, I don't feel like I am totally "out there". Out of all of the stuff I do say (which is usually blunt and to the point) imagine what I don't say. I do have a filter, some of the time. I am trying to develop this feature of my personality even more.

I don't know. I guess in my book, you should feel good that I tell you things. It means I trust you. I value your friendship. Honesty is the best policy, after all. I don't feel like I should have to change myself in order to be "likable". Which, I have been told that I am (specifically because I say what I want and don't seem to have filters). I guess the other good "working" filter I do have is the tendency to be nice and kind to others. I am a very considerate person. I don't mean to hurt peoples feelings when I do. Which sometimes happens (I tend to be overly comfortable with people who have won my trust. Most people can't handle this aspect of my personality). <--- I guess that is really the truest point of this post. I scare people off. They don't know how to handle my intensity. However, if you are able to stick around, you won't find a truer friend. (Although, I do require some of the same reciprocation). Fair warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment