Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Car and Baby Trouble

So, life over the last few days has been a little strange. I don't know if anyone else would think it is, but I do. The baby is sick, again! My car is not working, again! I feel like I may have anxiety problems! Okay, first the baby. He was on 10 days worth of antibiotics and after about 24 hours of being off of them he developed congestion and has been throwing up a little bit every now and then. We had already had an appointment to make sure the antibiotics worked on Monday. So when we went in I have been feeling like he may have asthma, so I asked about it. The doctor and I agreed that he should not have gotten sick right after being on antibiotics and that there may be something else going on. We are now trying him out on medication to see if his symptoms improve or if nothing happens. We will know something in 2 weeks, hopefully. The car. I have decided that I hate this car. It was fine for the first year and a half, but after that, it has always been something! Matt and I discovered that the car has been in a wreck when we went to change the lights in the front (the right light is glued in place and Matt said they would only do that if it had been in a wreck! I'm so glad the guy selling the car who said (and I quote) "This is a great car for a college student, very dependable!" was telling the truth! What a butt! At least he is secure in his job! Personally I would fear for my soul being in a job where I had to lie to people and possibly put there lives in danger, but that's just me!). Anyway, I have replaced the air compressor that locked up on me (ever driven in FL without AC during summer, NOT FUN!), I just replaced the engine (that shut down on us on Christmas Eve when we had Jordan and the baby in the car) and now, like 3 weeks after getting the car back, it no longer goes in reverse!!!! Reverse, that's not like it's something easy to fix! And on top of that, it is shifting REALLY hard from first to second. Have you ever seen Pretty Woman? When she gets in the car and Richard Geer doesn't know how to shift and she says, "I think you left your transmission back there!" That is what I feel like happens every time! Oh, and keep in mind that this car is an automatic not manual!!!! I don't know what to do though, do I throw more money that I don't have into this thing or do I use the money for a car that I am going to need soon anyway? (I have a small car and a BIG family, it's not long for this world). Do I fix it and try to sell it? Which may be a good option, because when it was working it was a WONDERFUL car. It is in great asthetic condition (exept for the bumper, paint is peeling). And best of all it is VERY good on gas (right now I can put $12 in it, on empty, and that will fill it up and last for 3-4 days, I live in the boonies and that would usually last a week in the city!). So my question is, do I spend the money with the intention of selling it? Not getting as much money has I have put into it? Or do I fix it then in a few years, when I am more likely to afford a car (hopefully nothing else will go wrong) then do I sell or trade it in (if I can)? I am so lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment