Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Health, fun times

Life has been busy. I haven't been taking the time to post, mostly due to my mood. I just haven't felt like it. I am not sure I even feel like it now, I would just like to do it to keep up with it. My health has taken a surprising turn in the last few weeks. I have been having some trouble on many levels. My wisdom teeth have been bothering me and like always I get a consult and don't do anything about it. I have been put on Sertraline or Zoloft for mood and anxiety. Seems to be working, although I think sleep would be just as helpful. I got a blood test done when I went in for my yearly and went back about a question about spotting and exercise. I got a pelvic ultrasound and an trans vaginal ultrasound to make sure that I was not losing a pregnancy or experiencing a burst cyst. Turns out that neither was happening. Which is a good thing, I just don't know why I am bleeding when I work out. So for now, I will live with it. But more bad news was coming about my blood test. She said that I am severely deficient in vitamin D and B-12 and that I have high cholesterol! High cholesterol! What!? I couldn't believe my ears! But she thought the vitamins were more of a problem and of course I agree. So now I have to give myself shots of B-12 for 6 weeks and then once a month until, well I'm not sure. I also have to take 5000 IU's of vitamin D for 3 months until my levels are high enough, but I may have to take it for the rest of my life. She says that it is a new epidemic in America and the medical community doesn't know why it is happening! Me either! BTW, it has nothing to do with sunlight. I also have to take 3 capsules of fish oil a day in order to lower my cholesterol. I also have to add red yeast rice to help with my vitamin deficiencies. Crazy times. But I did feel a difference after my first Vit. D. I didn't feel anything after my B-12, but they say that has to reach the right levels before it makes a difference. That makes sense! Baby news. We are trying (life or death trying!) to get him to sleep through the night. He barely does this, and I think my health would improve if he did. Because even when he does I wake up thinking that he is crying or that I have some how slept through him waking and then I can't go back to sleep. It's pretty much like your damned if you do and damned if you don't. I hope that he will start to get into a regular habit of sleeping all the way through the night and then I will be able to get back into a regular pattern of sleeping without waking up in the middle of the night going crazy. So, seriously, I could use some divine intervention with this problem. Although I have to say now that we are more settled and I have started to reincorporate the night time cuddle routine it has seemed to help. The first night he only got up one time and last night he went down at 9pm and got up at 7:30 am. This is a vast improvement from 3 or 4 wakings a night and I can already feel a difference. I, honestly, have been putting this off for some time because I know how hard it is to hear him cry and not do anything about it. I do believe in the cry it out method, especially for him. I tried many methods before settling on this one, because others just seemed to make it worse. He would get angrier every time I went back in there and picked him up and left again. This method lets me go in there at allotted times and make sure he is okay and then walk out again. It works, for us anyway. I have a feeling it will not be any easier with the next one. I will probably have to figure out what works for that one too! I know that that sounded like a lot of complaining. But it really wasn't. It is really hopeful. I wouldn't give him up for anything. He is such a wonderful baby. He is learning so much everyday and I can tell that his world happily revolves around me. I love him and he is everything to me! Love you guys. Keep checking in. Let me know how your life is going too!

No comments:

Post a Comment