Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oral surgery & baby food!

Today was an adventure. We all went to the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery office for a consult for my wisdom teeth. They all have to come out, big surprise! He did say that I was blessed with good teeth though, even if there is some crowding in the front! But I have always been okay with that. But all of the girls in the office fell in love with Kaine (again, not surprising!). He even got a gift, a small brown puppy that he just loves! So, now we are going to try to figure out what to do about surgery and when we can afford it. Unfortunately, the Dr. requires all his fees up front and then he does reimbursement through insurance. So, like I said, we shall see WHEN it can happen. Because it must, my teeth are annoying me and one of them is infected and painful. Matt was grumpy this morning because he has to go to work at Winn-Dixie today. He HATES that job and cannot wait until he no longer has to go! Very, very soon, I keep saying. Hopefully, before we even realize he will be out of there! He seems to be better now though. We are both watching Fringe, one of our new favorite shows. Baby update. Last night he slept all night! I was very surprised and thrilled by this. It always surprises me when he does it though! So I am going to try an experiment tonight. I followed everything that I did starting with dinner and on to bedtime. Yesterday, I gave him 3 egg yolks, potato hash and a taste of bacon for dinner (breakfast for dinner, one of Matt and I's faves!). He ate ALL of that! He also had 2 oz of juice and a bottle right before he was laid down, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours after dinner. So, tonight I gave him 2 egg yolks, 1 1/2 baby jars full of homemade oatmeal mixed with water, applesauce and a touch of brown sugar to sweeten the deal. Also, 1 oz of juice, he didn't want the other ounce. I had to get Matt from work so we did some dishes and he got a bath and his bed clothes on and we got in the car and got Matt. We got home around 9:30pm and he had 4 oz and he is now (9:45pm) sound asleep. So we will see if the protein and carb load works again tonight and if so we will continue it!! Here's to crossing our fingers! BTW, if anyone can let me know what happened in the first part of tonight's Fringe that would be great! I walked into half way!

1 comment:

  1. I am getting ready to do mine in a few weeks...I know how you feel with the pain of the teeth!! It stinks!

    ReplyDelete