Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Losing the Bottle

Last night was the first night of NO bottle. It actually didn't go that bad. In fact, if I knew it would have been as easy as it was, I would have done this a LONG time ago. Kaine doesn't really take well to change. I guess because he is so used to drinking out of a cup all day anyway, he made the adjustment. He took milk in a sippy cup at bedtime (to big of a chicken to go completely cold turkey). Then he woke around 3am and I just decided (because we have tried to comfort him--this makes him REALLY angry!) to just let him put himself back to sleep. Since he wasn't crying and just doing the little noise, grunting thing, I just let him go about it. It took him about 2 hours to go completely back to sleep. I knew he was fine and just fighting it. I kept an ear out and made sure there was nothing major going on. Every once in a while he would yell out and then grunt his way back to sleep. All-in-all it went pretty well. I was exhausted this morning, but I think most of that was emotional and I was REALLY not feeling well, I had to keep getting up to spray my throat with Vick's numbing spray! I am hoping for a better night for both of us. Keep sending me positive thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment