Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Craftiness


IMAGE FROM: http://www.ocregister.com/giftguide/children/images/craft_kit.jpg

Everyone will think I am crazy, until they know what I am about. I have already started to prepare for Christmas. I know. I know! But I am making crafts for Christmas. I have always loved the personal touch. The only thing about that is YOU MUST PREPARE. Handmade = Time. But I do think it is fun and people appreciate it. Or, at least, I hope they do. 
I think it is a shame that no-one either has the time or takes the time to put the personal touches into their gifts. Anyone can go and buy something at a store. I am sure it will be loved (and for little ones, I have to add, this is still the way to go). I just feel, for people who know better [;)], that personal stuff shows that you love them. You were not just thinking about them for 1 day or maybe two, you were thinking about them for weeks at a time. Wishing and hoping and putting your love into an object for them to admire and love themselves. In a way, you are giving a piece of yourself to your family and friends to hang on their walls, put in a book, cover up with, what ever it may be! AND, if you have the ability, WHY NOT? 
So, here my journey starts. Hopefully things will come out as beautiful as I want them to. Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment