Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

No binky - No naps

Kaine was a true handful today. But, after the night we had, who can blame him. His binky woes are continuing. As I predicted, by today, it has only gotten worse. He got up last night and apparently I told Matt to "just go and get him". Matt said he slept for about an hour after he brought him into bed with us. This is when Kaine woke up and started crying about wanting his binky. This is also the time that I noticed he was in bed with us (I didn't remember hearing him or telling Matt to go and get him). He cried for what seemed like 30 minutes (which it was probably only 10-15 minutes, but when your tired...). Poor guy. He wanted it this morning too. And, much to my dismay, I came in the living room after my shower to see him watching TV with his thumb in his mouth (I could have called my pediatrician right then and there and chewed him out for encouraging me to keep the binky because "we don't want him sucking his thumb, do we? Not like we can cut it off."). That thing would have been long gone if it were not for that statement (and me not wanting to deal with the sorrow that we are currently facing). I am three days in though and refuse to go back (not after what he has already endured!). I am hoping that by the end of the week we will be binky free and feelings will be not so hurt.

On another note, he has not taken a nap in two days (a serious record for him). But he has been sleeping in until 9 or even 10 in the morning. So, I don't know, is it a good trade off?

No comments:

Post a Comment