Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Worst Weekend EVER!

I had unexpected house guest this weekend. Much to my dismay my mother-in-law invited herself (and her house guest over) I thought it was only going to be for one night (which I was completely fine about). NOPE! It turned out to be the ENTIRE weekend. Starting off with a shopping spree in St. Augustine.

This is how it went. We were talking about her guests coming. She asked if I wanted to go to the Outlets in St. Augustine (to get school clothes for Kaine). I said that would be a good idea. She showed up (an hour late) on Friday. Then informed me we were going to the beach too. I was completely unprepared for that. I had to run around and find Kaine's beach stuff. I didn't even bother to pack any of mine.

We went shopping. (I found out later the girls she had as house guest only thought we were going to the beach. So, we were both fooled!) Anyway, the trip was okay. I was left everywhere I went and even spent the majority of the shopping completely by myself (with Kaine, of course). I was told to meet them places that they said they were and after waiting around they didn't show up. I decided that if they were going to be rude to me that I would just get going with my own shopping and then meet them when they were ready to go. (I have a baby with me after all! They don't tend to take to waiting for other people!) So, as I was going to my last shop which was completely out of the way of where they said they were going to be. Here comes mom-in-law around the corner (opposite of where she said she was!) and says "Oh, here you are. I thought you were at the other store!" To which I rudely (and deservedly replied) "I was!" She followed me in the store but made sure to make it apparent that we were surely not together. Whatever!

We then went on to the beach. It was hot. I was not dressed for it. The water was REALLY cold and it was crowded. (There was a kids group there, kinda like a summer camp on a field trip.) Kaine enjoyed himself. That was good. I was ready to go within 30 minutes. I walked back up the beach to get water from the concession stand and hid in the car to cool down. I also called Matt. I decided to try and make it fun and bought some bubbles and an ice-cream for Kaine and walked back down the beach. It was better and, by then, everyone was ready to go.

Next came the, "Do you mind if we come back to your place?" Which, at the time, I didn't. I did, however, have this sense of dread about not being prepared for guests. It was fine, the first night. Saturday morning showed that I wanted them gone. Her house guest didn't seem to be enjoying themselves either. (Would you? Unexpectedly stuck out in the woods?) She seemed to be the only one who was happy with what they were doing. She made a big fuss about cleaning up around the house. Making dinner and whatever. She even got to the point of telling Matt  (when he had a conversation with her about knocking off all of the cleaning and meddling) "When we lived on the farm, we learned to appreciate things!" Meaning that we didn't appreciate our things and the fact that we live in her house! AAARRGGHH! I still have not forgiven her for that! (She is an extremely privileged and  pompous ass!)

On top of her strutting around and taking over (her specialty). She was highly offended that Kaine didn't want anything to do with her. She seemed to want to (and did) take it out on me (like I put him up to it!). She was fussing over him (and if you know me, I let him just go about his business and just interact with him like he is human). She wouldn't leave him alone. Which he didn't appreciate AT ALL! (He is a lot like me, he doesn't like to be bothered all that much. He likes to be by himself a good bit of the time). So, she even pouted at one point and was like "Fine! I won't do anymore for you!" (I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I wanted to slug her right there! I was like, "How old are you? Who is the adult here?") Can you believe this BS?!

And, as if it couldn't get any worse, she goes and invites both of Matt's brothers and their girlfriends over, Matt's dad and the neighbor! All of which I didn't know about until they arrived! So, now the total count of who is in the house is at 12! In a 1200 square foot house mind you! I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs for everyone to "GET OUT!!!!" It was seriously like a party and blessing when they finally did (Sunday at around 9pm!). I could have killed her, I really could have!

*BTW, this isn't even the worst part of it. She had such an overbearing attitude and did EVERYTHING she could think of that would get under my skin. Undermining me at every turn! And trust me, that is a HUGE understatement!!!!! It is my opinion that if you want respect and friendship, then that is what you should, in turn, give to others! Hypocrite!

No comments:

Post a Comment