Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Righteous Anger?

Because I am trying to turn the other cheek and not stir things up (for once. Does that mean I am finally an adult?) you get to hear all of the terrible and horrible and annoying and mean things that people do in my life.

I don't think it is very nice when you plan to go out-of-town for your son's birthday. Plan a fishing trip and invite your other kids along. (OK, we were invited too.) Things have happened, for one, Matt didn't want to go because he felt like it was a cop-out move. (Because his dad has to go for a conference and it was more of a "oh yeah, why don't you guys come. Oh, we will plan something too." By plan, I mean this happened only 5 days ago). Another thing is, Matt has to be in a meeting all day tomorrow (10-4) and couldn't get out of it (therefore, even if he wanted to go, he wouldn't be able to).

So, I wanted to fix things. I decided to plan a small party. I invited his brothers and only a few set of his friends. Well, no-one had really gotten back to me about it. Then, about an hour ago (11:30am) I get a call from MIL. I knew what was coming. "We feel really bad", "If we didn't already have this planned...", "If we didn't have to go..." (which, I must say, the only person that HAS TO GO is his dad! NOT anyone else). Whatever, I thought. I was trying not to sound annoyed, I am sure I failed. I was trying not to give her the satisfaction of knowing she was getting under my skin (she seems to be able to do this quite a lot lately). I was busy anyway, making meat pies, and didn't really have time to hear all of her excuses. So, I tried to just focus on what I was doing and sound busy (I think she got the point!).

Anyway, what really annoys me is this: His brothers were just invited to go on like Wednesday! After I had sent out secret invites to come to the party. Let me ask you this, would you not be pissed off that people (no family!) blew off your birthday to go on a fishing trip??? The only good thing about this, however, is the fact that Matt didn't know I was planning anything. I am planning on making his day really special anyway. It is not about them. That is why I am writing this! I just want it out of me, so I can move on and not worry about all of their stupidity!

Seriously though, I now get why Matt hates his birthday. Feeling like second rate doesn't make it a very special day. Talk about selfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment