Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Breastfeeding Tips Wanted

I really want some good ideas about making breastfeeding tops. I have been thinking about it lately, a lot. I think my biggest hang-up last time was that I didn't want to spend a ton of money on nursing gear but didn't really have anything to nurse properly in public places. (Especially since Kaine DID NOT want his head covered!) I really like the style of the Momzelle line of clothing. But, seriously, $50 for a tee-shirt? No thanks!

I also really like the nursing tanks that Target sells. The Gillian & O' Malley ones.  They are greatly priced and convenient to buy. The only real problem with them are that they are not really outer wear (for me anyway, I could see some super skinny new mom wearing them as outer wear, but I wouldn't be able to pull it off. Also, they are a little on the lower cut side of things and I feel like too much skin is being revealed). I was thinking about using this as a base, under clothes and with out a bra, because they are basically built-ins. So, that would be a good option, I guess, with a tee shirt or something.

I guess what I really need is for someone to fill me in on all of the good, bad and ugly about breastfeeding clothes. Any input? Any tried-and-true things that you have discovered?

1 comment:

  1. i never bought any nursing clothes, honestly. but i have seen some really great DIY shirt surgery patterns--i will look them up for you. i know a lot of people like nursing bras, so one or two would be a good investment i think, but clothing-wise you can totally DIY on goodwill or your own clothes.

    think t shirt with a fold-up flap... i'll email some links to what i can find. karen sewed buttons on the straps of her bra-tanks and that worked for her, but she's not really modest about the boob exposure :)

    ReplyDelete